Right now, there’s a lot of talk of a shift in the Real Estate Market. Due to the decrease in real estate inventory in combination with the spring market, it’s time to prepare for a Seller’s Market! Although interest rates are predicted to be gradually increasing this year, the overall market MAY also see more opportunity for buyers. With that being said, I thought it was a perfect opportunity to dedicate my second blog post to helping buyers find the perfect home.
The first and favorite step for my buyers is INFORMATION. Information from me to you and information from you to me. Ideally, what are you looking for? What factors are being considered? There’s price, location, proximity to transportation, pets, parking, etc… All of these important factors go into looking for a home. I tell my buyers that once they understand the facts about the home via the MLS, we will conduct a search for their favorites and start exploring! That is the best and only way to evaluate what you are really looking for and solidify your goals. Make sure to keep an open mind. I always tell my buyers that you may start out looking for a townhome in Bucktown, but the road is winding and you may end up purchasing a condo in Lakeview.
Some of my favorite tips:
1) If you don’t like the photos on the MLS of the property, you most likely won’t like it in person.
2) Pay attention to details about the space as the reality is not always as the description.
3) Look at the big picture. Price is not the end all, be all in terms of your total cost.
4) Have fun! We don’t get to do this very often.
5) Look at the surroundings. Location, transportation, busy streets, parking, lobby upon entering the unit, etc…
While touring properties, I examine what my clients likes and dislikes are in a home. After a full day of touring, I learn so much about my clients that I get an even better idea of what would make them happy in a new home. In the end, I sit down with all the information in front of me and analyze how to proceed. Whether it’s writing an offer or prospecting more properties to tour, this entire process will make it easier to find your place in the world.